[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila future...

Georg Ringer mail at ringerge.org
Mon Jun 10 08:25:13 CEST 2013

Hi,

Am 09.06.2013 16:07, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> I prefer if those using TemplaVoila would also actively support creating
> migration code and tutorials and to enhance the modern tools until they have
> the full feature set of TemplaVoila.

please don't mix users and developers all the time. It really needs
users who use it as it is. Not everyone can contribute code or
documentation wise.

> I consider dam->fal and tt_news->news migration tools to be more important
> than TV. Thus to me TV is 3rd priority, most likely falling behind due to a
> lag of time.

speaking for myself: it is just awesome knowing that I can help hundreds
of users and dozens of agencies to make better websites or getthing
things done in a shorter time by letting them use my extensions. There
is really nothing I expect them to do! Of course it is cool when someone
contributes a patch, reports a bug or says thanks but this is really not
required.

What I would really not like: if everyone who uses extensions would
write n reports on forge suggesting this and that. I would get crazy ;)
So I am really really happy that 99% of the users just uses the extensions.

Yes: TYPO3, open source is only developed further if someone takes the
action but this should be really not mandatory. I will never open the
hood of my car, I don't change wheels as I am really not interested in it.

Please read http://tante.cc/2013/05/20/host-your-own-is-cynical/ This is
why we need awesome tools, awesome extensions so that others can just
use it, do something cool with it which we as developers couldn't do.
This is the best what we can do for TYPO3 to save our project, our jobs, ...

Georg