[TYPO3-templavoila] Re: TemplaVoila future...

Patrick Gaumond gaumondpatrick at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 15:38:03 CEST 2013

1. Thanks a lot to you, Dmitri, Kasper and Robert for the work so far.
2. My first TYPO3 website in 2003 was made with automake-template and almost all the others post-2006 with TV
3. TV is still the only thing you can show in an Admin training under 1-2 days.
4. TV has the quality it *exists*, is usable by non-coders and is almost intuitive. ;)

Funny enough we talked a bit about this in San Fracisco between conferences and everyone I talked to agreed. All other templating approaches are "coder-oriented".

At least with automakeTemplate and TV it was possible to let a designer do its job without having to force someone modify its files. All other techniques break separation from this.

BTW, it's the most "true" downloaded extension in TER:
http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/?q=&tx_solr%5Bsort%5D=downloads%20desc
it's not a popularity contest and people ranting against TV will continue but it means *some* people use it so if we don't want TYPO3 staying too elitist (it's already a bit too much anyway) extensions such as TV should be maintained.

Bonus: Could we at least get a 1.8.1 with this fix? http://forge.typo3.org/issues/43554 ;)

Patrick