[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila future...

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Sat Jun 8 18:06:45 CEST 2013

Hi, I'm not responding to all the rest of your mail because it was imho
quite offending and not really thoughtful. But this one point needs some
explanation:

Philipp Gampe schrieb:
>> * it is not supported by the active contributors at all
>
> That is not true as you can see in the other posts. But active contributors
> to the core are no requirement for an extension to exists.

The "other post" had only responses from few old Core members which
aren't really active for the codebase and from you who obviously didn't
read and understand my question.

The assumption that support from the active contributors isn't needed is
a big misconception especially for TemplaVoila which was brought to
TYPO3 as replacement of some old Core concepts. The Core even has parts
which were just brought in for TemplaVoila and which hardly make sense
without it (Flexform sections, TSConfig stuff, ...). So every
deprecated/changed/refactored flexform feature and every change in
persistence related parts of the Core need tweaking, compatibility
layers and in the worst case migration wizards in the extension.

Maybe that explains it enough.

Cheers,
Tolleiv
--