[TYPO3-templavoila] v6.0 and future plans

Tolleiv Nietsch tolleiv.nietsch at typo3.org
Fri Sep 28 08:53:59 CEST 2012

Hi,

just to confirm it, I'm planning to release a compatible version for
6.0. And I will do this for the upcoming TYPO3 versions too - at least
as long as there's no proper replacement.

There will NOT be a newly written TV 2.0 or anything - but it will be
kept compatible with the upcoming versions.

Now you might wonder why I think that extbase/fluid or gridelements are
no proper replacement - imho that's basically because they lack support
for some major TYPO3 features like workspaces or localization. This
might be fine for small projects but it isn't for big ones.

Regarding Phoenix: who knows, it's of course possible port TV over to
phoenix, but it's clear that there's a high demand for an easy to use
templating enging.

Cheers,
Tolleiv

--