[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE multi language and fallback of particular fields

Sören Kracker s.kracker at kopfstand-mail.de
Thu Oct 6 11:31:31 CEST 2011

Hi,
I'm struggling around with the settings for an FCE, but can't get it
working like I'd imagine it.
My goal is to have an FCE where particular fields are excluded from
being translated (files, dates) or get default language if empty.
If I create a translation for the FCE and remove the copied image in
that translation, there won't show an image for the translation, but I'd
like to have the image from the default content (not as a copy).
In the best case it would be great if those fields would be read-only or
even hidden in translations. Would something like that be possible?
I guess langDisable = 1 is a must-have because the site has got 12
languages and I don't want to see all translation fields in a loooong
list. This happens with langDisable=0 and langChildren=1. Or is maybe
here something changeable?

I have following config:
config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated
config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback

in FCE:
<langDisable>1</langDisable>
<langDatabaseOverlay>1</langDatabaseOverlay>

for the field:
<tx_templavoila type="array">
<langOverlayMode>ifBlank</langOverlayMode>
</tx_templavoila>

I played around with l10n_mode and l10n_display but those aren't used by
templavoila as I see it.