[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE -> disable header how to

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Sat Mar 26 13:37:47 CET 2011

Just a note to Henjo, the original poster,

> I'd just put this to the Page TSConfig:
> TCEFORM.tt_content.header.types.templavoila_pi1.disabled = 1

Yes, you can do this. However, keep in mind that headers serve a purpose on the backend that you will lose if you do have the user place an entry into them. Personally, I instruct my editors to enter a descriptive header even when it will not be used on the front-end because it is still helpful on the backend to identify the content element.

Let's say you had 3 instances of the same FCE on the page. The header is helpful on the backend to differentiate what each is used for.

If this is not an issue for you then by all means hide the field. Certainly the less fields a user has to deal with the better as well.

Personally, I leave the header field on FCEs for use in identification on the backend but hide all the secondary fields for the header with this:

## Disable the secondary fields for the header and the subheader field for FCEs only
TCEFORM.tt_content {
	header_position.types.templavoila_pi1.disabled = 1
	header_link.types.templavoila_pi1.disabled = 1
	header_layout.types.templavoila_pi1.disabled = 1
	date.types.templavoila_pi1.disabled = 1
	subheader.types.templavoila_pi1.disabled = 1
}

Thanks,
Ron Hall