[TYPO3-templavoila] How to configure a TV-field to be of type

Rob De Vries dev at rob-ot.be
Tue Mar 8 10:46:45 CET 2011

Hello Žiga,

Yes you can have best of both worlds.
If you have a look at you tv xml, for page content elements you'll see that it
also has some TS for 'rendering' the content.
You can change this TS as you like, even place it outside of the xml:

10 < lib.myContent

About the editor and that the xml does not have autofill and colors:
I almost never do any TS in TYPO3 itself. I include all my ts and place
everything in a directory in fileadmin/templats/ts/
Reason is that I can work on these ts files with my own preffered IDE (Coda on
os x) It has a plugin for autofil typoscript and does gives me nice colors.

Also for templavoila. You can set TV to make static xml files on your server.
This way, you can easily work on the XML files with an IDE.

These 2 things makes it for me much faster and flexible to work with TS en TV.

Hope it gives you some idea for your own workflow.

kind Regards
Rob