[TYPO3-templavoila] content outside mapped area using frontend editing or list module

Mario Šargač sargac at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 00:24:14 CET 2011

Thanks, I'll surely try your suggestion and follow-up if I find 
something interesting. I've stumbled upon Busynoggin recently, but I 
decided to do it regularly at a time... this time I might try it. Thanks 
for a tip!


On 01/14/2011 10:11 PM, Paul Bucalo wrote:
> This might seem silly, but have you considered reloading your TV module?
> There have been times where my install didn't behave as expected, and I
> re-uploaded/imported the module, making sure every file was correct, no
> packet loss and my problem was solved.
> It just sounds like you've got something off kilter there. Especially if
> taking the same action doesn't produce the same xml results.
> Though there are so many elements to a template and the config, sometimes
> it's hard to ensure every single one of them is being followed exactly.
> Have you looked at the busy noggin framework for TV?
> http://templavoila.busynoggin.com/
> One thing I like is that it standardizes the template approach, so I can
> worry about the visual without worrying about the technical execution of the
> template as much.
> Hope it helps,
> -p
> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM, Mario Šargač<sargac at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Thank you for your feedback. I did what you suggested and discovered few
>> things. First of all I filed a bug to a Typo3 bug tracker, regarding
>> multiple elements of type "page-content":
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17038
>> Other than that I discovered that creating a new content element of type
>> "TS Object Path" and changing an element of type "Page-Content Elements"
>> into "TS Object Path" doesn't produce similar and expected XML configuration
>> part comparing to freshly created elements of that type. I think that's a
>> bug too, so I filed another one here:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=17039
>> Now I have to find which parts of a template I need to fix, or decide
>> whether it is better to create a new DS/TO. It is of course possible I
>> misunderstood something, so your opinion would be appreciated.
>> Best,
>> Mario
>> On 01/14/2011 05:52 PM, Paul Bucalo wrote:
>>> It depends on your comfortableness with editing the xml. I only resort to
>>> that if nothing else is working.
>>> I would try a fresh template, created with the UI, and see if you get the
>>> same problem. Perhaps add one element at a time to see if you can catch
>>> the
>>> problem point.
>>> The object path allows one to assign content to that area of the template
>>> using a typoscript object (like lib.myObject).
>>> It won't necessarily dictate a separate position for the content unless
>>> the
>>> typoscript is somehow responsible (like lib.myObject = COA, etc).
>>> -p
>> _______________________________________________
>> TYPO3-project-templavoila mailing list
>> TYPO3-project-templavoila at lists.typo3.org
>> http://lists.typo3.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/typo3-project-templavoila

More information about the TYPO3-project-templavoila mailing list