[TYPO3-templavoila] FTB and the new mapping interface

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Fri May 14 18:01:21 CEST 2010

Hello all,

There is something I want to bring up regarding the Futuristic Template Building tutorial and the current version of TV, but let me give a little background.

I seldom use the TV wizard to create a data structure anymore as I usually just copy an existing DS, edit with a text editor and then map it.

However, I am putting together a tutorial on TYPO3 site building for T3CN10-Dallas and planned to give a demonstration of creating a page template with TemplaVoila. I was then going to recommend they work through the FTB tutorial as a way to understand how to use TV to create templates.

So, this was actually my first time to really work the new wizard for creating a DS and TO. It is very nice and an improvement. However, I fear that a newbie will not be able to understand it as it looks so different than FTB.

When I started with TYPO3, the Modern Template Building and later Futuristic Template Building tutorials were the two most important documents for me to understand how to build a site with TYPO3. WIthout them I would not have made it in TYPO3.

My question is, "Is there any current tutorial or document to get the uninitiated person up to speed in creating templates with the current version of TemplaVoila?"

Thanks,
Ron