[TYPO3-templavoila] Good practices: variants of the same HTML layout, what's your opinion?

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Sun Mar 28 12:15:41 CEST 2010

ellou' List

I'd like to 'consult' today the way for managing the model with one HTML
template and many TO's

each section has identical layout, but different headers (changed just
one class ie: <div class="head_general">, <div class="head_news"> etc.)

I decided to switch it via changing TO for the whole branch in PageTree,
so I created 4 TO's and everyone uses its separate template file with
proper class name in the header. That's clear I hope.

Now sometimes there are small fixes/changes in HTML files, so I need to
edit each file (de facto 4 files in for layouts = 16 HTML files)
synchronize it and check every TO for mapping updates.

So, there's question, what is your best practice for such job.
The fast thing that I can use is one file per layout + select field in
DS and changing it via attribute, however I would stay with selecting
whole templates, but in the same time without requirement of creating
separate HTML files... Can somebody send me an idea? :)

PS. I'm not quite sure if this post is understandable :) It also hasn't
high priority, just want to know other point of view, as this one I'm
using currently is much far from optimal solution.

Will be grateful for your thoughts.

Greetings.
--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff