[TYPO3-templavoila] How to trigger a JS function when dragging an content element over a tab

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Fri Jan 8 16:00:40 CET 2010

Thanks Steffen,

This was very helpful. I did not use the solution he came up with but was able to to a simpler one.

Basically I gave my tabs a relative position and a z-index of 1100. When I drag a content element over the tab that tab is above the dragging element allowing the mouseover event to fire. Previously the element being dragged was covering up the tab and not allowing the event to fire. It is working in Safari. I will have to check in other browsers.

It has a little bit of visual issues I will have to look into but it can work.

Thanks,
Ron