[TYPO3-templavoila] Disable edit icon of page

Chris Müller mueller at cyperfection.de
Wed Feb 17 08:30:45 CET 2010

I have to make the intention more clear:

The editor has the possibility to edit the page properties via the page
edit panel. But under the edit panel for editing that page properties
the user has the possibility to edit only the columns of the page
("content") which are defined by Templavoila. This is confusing for
frontend editors because we teached them to stuck on the visual columns
and they don't have to play around in the technical storing details.

I have disabled all edit icons via typoscript for content elements but I
can't get rid of the edit icon for the page.

I commented out the code in the pi1 file so no edit icons will shown.
But it would be nice to configure it via typoscript. I tried to patch
this in the code but my typoscript property isn't visible by the code
for the page edit icon - only for the content elements edit icons.

Chris.

PS: Remember: The edit panel allows to edit the whole data set, the edit
icons only one property of the data set.