[TYPO3-templavoila] Problem with tanslated content after migration

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Sat Dec 4 17:40:56 CET 2010

On 04.12.2010 16:40, Helmut Hummel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 04.12.10 15:34, Helmut Hummel wrote:
>>
>> After I moved a site to a new server (changed PHP from 5.2 to 5.3)
>> everything worked out fine so far, besides that newly added content
>> elements are not shown in their translated language.
>
> OK, found the (somehow stupid) reason. It actually has nothing to do
> with the migration but with the fact, that the fce that contained the
> tt_content elements also had a translation overlay record, which of
> course does not have new content elements added to it.
>
> Any idea how this could be solved nicely?
>
> Is it possible to set something like l10n_mode = exclude for specific DS
> fields?
>
> Regards Helmut

Hi,

so you want to have an fce that can (has to?) be translated but one of
the fields is a content relation which should be the same for every
language?

If the content relation(s) is the only field (example would be a
multi-column fce) you could simply disallow translation of the fce, so
that just the content within is to be translated.

Regards,
Christian