[TYPO3-templavoila] Unable to save template mapping

Rakowski Tomasz raczek at open.infi.pl
Mon May 25 00:31:13 CEST 2009

Jan Bednarik pisze:
> Hi,
>
> I had similar problem yesterday. It was caused by different encoding
> than the one defined in meta tag. The document was saved in UTF-8 and
> meta tag said ISO-8859-2 and it collapsed on the first non-ASCII character.

Hi there!

I am having the same problem as you guys described above.
I was sure I solved it by changing all to utf-8, but it turned out I
didn't, because when I moved to other server problem is still there.
So basically when I hit SAVE after mapping I get that:
Mapping information was saved to the current Template Object!
The current mapping information is different from the mapping
information in the Template Object

which means sth has went wrong!
In database I see that mapping breaks on comma "," character.
If remove it TV will break on & character. I know I can remove all those
"bad" characters but - wait a minute! - they are not so special at
all!!! TV deals well with many ąń and other strange characters so what
is wrong??

My DB variables:

character_set_client  	utf8
character_set_connection 	utf8
character_set_database 	utf8
character_set_filesystem 	binary
character_set_results 	utf8
character_set_server 	utf8
character_set_system 	utf8
collation_connection 	utf8_general_ci
collation_database 	utf8_general_ci
collation_server 	utf8_general_ci

All my templates are UTF-8.

Looking forward for some advices cos I am getting tired with importing
templateobjects from my "good" installation  to my "bad" installation
(which is absolutely the same as the good one). This is the only way I
can make TV mapping work correctly...

Feel free to tell me what do you need to dive into that issue.

greets
Tomasz