[TYPO3-templavoila] TYPO3 4.2, newest TV, page create, how to permit user to change TS of page

Kay Strobach typo3 at kay-strobach.de
Sun May 10 20:56:39 CEST 2009

Hallo Dimitry,

Thanks thanks for your help.
For better explenation I made some screenshots last time.
See http://projects.kay-strobach.de/tmp/TYPO3-TV-bug.pdf for details.

The Scenario is that i do have one DS and multiple TO's (for pages).
The usergroup called redakteur is not allowed to change to TO and DS of
a page (refer to page 3 image 1 and 2).
[But, and that's is not visible in the screenshot, the user may add
various fce's and change their TO/DS (pagecontent) - that's not relevant
here, i assume.]
That is how i configured the exclude fields in the group record.

All this works as expected.

But one user of mine found a way to bypass the restriction of not
changing the TO/DS of a page if a new page is created.
That is shown in the screenshots from page 1 and 2, red arrows indicate
mouse clicks.

When the user goes this way (which is the preferred one to create a new
page) the user has the possibility to change TO/DS by clicking on a
template other than default.

I hope this description was better than the previous one.

Thanks a lot for your great work on TV.
Regards
Kay