[TYPO3-templavoila] Display FCE template title or icon in TV page module

Ian Solo ian at webian.it
Fri Mar 13 18:59:47 CET 2009

Hi...

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ian Solo wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to show the FCE template title or its preview icon in TV
>> page module?
>>
> Not possible. Wouldn't this make the interface more crowded? Probably we can implement it as a TSConfig option (off by default).

Yes, the interface will be a little more crowded. But it's just one row
for each FCE (icon + title) and has the good effect to give to the
editor useful informations about the FCE.

>> Using the TV trunk revision 17753, the FCE icon after the language icon
>> is a nice "Lego piece" icon.
>>
>> IMHO, it should be useful if this icon could be customized:
>> - or using a small icon made from the preview icon
>> - or adding a new preview small icon for the TV page module.
>>

> The idea is good but the icon has to be 16x16.

Right, as Steffen said in the other post:

"This will be extra work, as you have to create an icon for special FCE
too. thumb the FCE preview icon might be too small to detect whicj one
it is."

It's extra work and the icon has to be 16x16 but, as you said, a
TSConfig option will give the admin the choose.

What about using an ICO format [1] for the preview icons? In the same
file you can manage different sizes/graphics for the icon.
It's just a suggestion. I guess that it will change a lot in the code
and will have compatibility issues with previous version of TV.

Regards,
ian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_(icon_image_file_format)