[TYPO3-templavoila] FCEs with plugins

matthibcn matthibcn at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 12:38:32 CEST 2009

Hello,

I haven´t found much about this and what I have found wasn´t working
correctly, but I know at least some ppl are looking also for this:

This one looks very promising as you get the Flexform of the plugin in
the FCE but does not work at all that way:

http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-project-templavoila/2009-April/004084.html

The other one, works at least that way, that you really get the plugin
in yur FE but it does not find the images at all no matter how i try to
put the path, the original plugin put in directly on the same page above
does find the images and displays them corrctly..

Anyway, I want to know about the general concept:

I would need some kind of contentelement that includes the functionality
of googlemap, mailform, sildeshow and some inputfields plus text

So, for the functionality there are already some good plugins out there
to choose from, so it would be stupid/pointless to create a totaly new
one just to duplicate the functionality of already existing ones

So the question is, is there a more elegant way than just to create a
"dummypage" and ask the editor to make a copy of that one to have
everything in place ??

This would be more than helpfull to have, otherwise rather than having
tenthousand of plugins today we will have hundrethousends tomorrow just
cause of the need to combine existing functionality in a "new" way

Regards

matthi