[TYPO3-templavoila] Optional Link

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 20 14:14:53 CEST 2009

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> Does it also work with a link field that you map to the href attribute
>> in the HTML template?
>
> If you know what "required" does, you know the answer :)

Well, TV generates something like:
	10 = TEXT
	10.typolink.parameter.current = 1
	10.typolink.returnLast = url
This will produce the URL. If this is mapped to the href-attribute of an
A-tag in the HTML template it's not obvious for me whether TV will
actually remove the A-tag if there is no URL or not.
Your answer suggests that TV is clever enough to remove the A-tag in
such a situation.

And what about my second question: would it be a good change to let TV
add the required=1 by default?

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.