[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE loses translations after "Create local copy"

Ian Solo ian at webian.it
Fri Feb 20 12:32:27 CET 2009

Hi,

Il 19/02/2009 17.56, Steffen Kamper ha scritto:
> Ian Solo schrieb:
>> I have a DS and an FCE with <langDisable>1</langDisable>
>> I create a reference of an FCE with translation into another page.
>> When I click on "Create local copy" on the reference, only the
>> default language is copied.
>> If I use standard content elements this issue doesn't happen.
>> Is it normal or am I missing something?
> ülease reread the "FE localisation" document to understand the
> localisation concept of flexforms. Translations are done inside the
> flexform using langChildren.
maybe I'm wrong but I don't think that I can find the answer in that
document.

Probably I did not explain very well what I'm searching for...

With <langDisable>1</langDisable>...
when I create an FCE in BE, TV creates a tt_content record with, by
instance, uid=684.
Then, from the TV edit form of this FCE, I choose to translate the
record in another language.
TV creates a new tt_content record with uid=685 and l18n_parent=684.

When I create a reference of this FCE into another page, TV creates the
relative record into the "refindex" table.

But when I "Create a local copy" of this reference, only the main record
(uid=684) is copied.
There are all the information to create also the copies of the
translations in the database, but this doesn't happen.
My question is: is it a missing feature of TV, is it something
impossible to realize or did I miss something in my configuration?
Please, can someone check if this behaviour occurs in your installations?

Thanks for your attention.
Regards, ian.

P.S.: I was wrong when I wrote that "If I use standard content elements
this issue doesn't happen.". It happens also with normal CE.