[TYPO3-templavoila] RFC #9465: Additional hook to allow user postprocessing of available languages for translation

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Feb 13 14:04:51 CET 2009

Hi,

> looking again to your patch i have following comment:
>
> Imho mod.SHARED isn't the right place to influence the page module, it
> should be
> mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1
>
> Instead of remove the language from the array i would exclude it at the
> beginning for the select adding something like
> $excludeLanguages = ' AND uid NOT IN(...)'
>
> Beside that i'm fine with the change, as it only change display of
> languages.

Great. I would be fine with using mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1 instead but as
I now have a pending feature in core list for this very same purpose
when not using TV, what do you think is best? We should have the same
option in both cases.

However, if the patch for core list has no high chance to be committed
"in conjunction" with this patch, it's OK for me to use
mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1 as I really need this patch and I use TV anyway
:-) I just wanted to unify core and TV handling of this new feature.

Regarding the removal of these languages in the query, I'm fine with
that, I may provide another patch (although the code won't be simply NOT
IN ( <stuff from mod.SHARED> ) as I should first split the languages
then make sure they are all integer and then joining them again to be
included in the query, something that is easier to understand when
dealing afterwards).

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers