[TYPO3-templavoila] RFC #9465: Additional hook to allow user postprocessing of available languages for translation

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Feb 13 13:26:21 CET 2009

Hi,

> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> In fact, the same mechanism may be used even if the handling of
>> localization is not the same. Please see my other post.
>
> How do you combine Kasper and Robert localization paradigms for core? I am for unification but I do not see how...

In fact, what my patch does is only to hide a language from the page
translation list, just as the core does already when disabling languages
for a given group of users.

The code used by core (languageSelector() from tx_cms_layout) is quite
the same as the one in TV (getAvailableLanguages() from mod1/index.php)
except for one point that it seems reading it that restrictions on
languages from BE groups is not taken into account from TV but is taken
into account by core. I mean at this location, I did not try yet but I'm
pretty sure TV takes this parameter into account somewhere else.

Hence, the point is only to trim down the list of available languages
when creating another page translation, nothing more, nothing less. As
such, *how* the translation is handled in background (XML or overlay) is
not relevant there.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en