[TYPO3-templavoila] FYI: Severe bug in current version of kb_tv_cont_slide

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Thu Feb 12 11:16:36 CET 2009

Hi Steffen,

I already admired the preview of Niels' mapper end of last year. I would
love to see it been melted into TV and am willing to sponsor the work
(see my answer to Dmitris first post in this same thread).

Just one remark:
I'm not sure, whether Niels' code already contains this, but just in
case... For practical reasons it would be very fortunate to have a
possibility to define the sliding in a similar way as the sliding of
e.g. the page templates in the page tree. For those you can define a
template for the current page and a different template to be used for
all subpages. This second template is the value that slides down the
tree below the current page.
This approach is generally much more versatile than simply sliding the
value used in the parent page.
Example: If you have a special background image in the root page, and a
different background image for all subpages. With normal sliding you
would have to define the background image in ALL first-level subpages
(from where it can slide down the tree). With the approach I propose,
you can define the background image for all subpages JUST ONCE right in
the root page!

Damn, this is very simple, but somehow my explanation sounds much to
difficult...  Do you get the difference?

Cheers, Jörg.