[TYPO3-templavoila] Bug when creating FCEs with SECTION?

Martin Ceglarek itl-site at muenchen-mail.de
Mon Feb 9 07:44:29 CET 2009

At my work with TV, more exactly when creating FCEs with Sections, I
have bumped into the following problem.

If I create such an element with

SC
   CO.
     EL = plain input field or text area for bodytext
     EL = plain input field or text area for bodytext
     EL = plain input field or text area for bodytext

  everything is OK. I can work with the elements.

But if I create an element with editing type: "rich text editor for
bodytext", there are massive problems with the elements on the pages.
After using the elements in the BE-form, I try to save, and then I get
an error message saying that the BE session timed-out. The attempt to
re-login fails. When choosing Cancel in this dialog saving  is carried
out and the saved contents renders perfectly for FE.

If one closes the content element, the overview of the FCE with all
given data seems to be OK in the TV page overveiw. If one opens the
element for modifying it once more, almost all inputs are absent in the
BE-form up to the field RTE. After modifying the inputs the behaviour
described above takes place  again(after saving, the time-out message
appears: OK to re-login fails; Cancel seems to work OK).

Changing the editing type of the element to "text area for bodytext" is
after once "rich text editor for bodytext" was selected, no more
efficiently. The RTE field is displayed, despite the new editing type.
The above mentioned problems while saving remains. Only the change to
"plain input field" still works properly.

The fact that my Test-FCEs are properly sketched in itself, I close from
the fact that they function with other editing types properly. I have
limited myself with my test, moreover, to very simple FCEs.

It would be very helpful for me to know if somebody else encountered
such problems.
Greetings, Martin

I use:
TYPO3 4.2.5