[TYPO3-templavoila] How to generate TOC

Seewer Philippe philippe.seewer at bfh.ch
Mon Dec 21 16:07:19 CET 2009

Hi,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was covered with same problem when i needed the markup for flexitabs.
> The problem is with section that they are rendered in the order they are
> like
> 1st element:
> header
> content
> 2nd element:
> header
> content
> a.s.o.
>
> i didn't found a possibility to do this in DS with a TS gathering all
> the section and render headers then content.

Yeah, I finally figured the same and decided to write my own user_
Plugin for that.

Just create a TypoScript Element before the section, map it to where the
TOC should go, make it a USER type inside the Typoscript and call the
plugin. With PHP and a bit of arraywalking, generating a TOC isn't a
problem. But too bad it can't be done directly with TS.

Thanks for the inputs all.
Philippe