[TYPO3-templavoila] "Sysfolders usually don't contain content elements"

Sebastian Gebhard sebastian.gebhard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 15:45:45 CET 2009

When you select a sysfolder with the TV Page Module, TV will tell you "The current page is of the
type "Sysfolder". Sysfolders usually don't contain content elements but are used for collecting
other types of records in a single folder."

1. This is a matter of style. I often store CEs in Sysfolders and know this from others as well. I
know no good reason why this should be bad.

2. The classic page module, does not complain when you choose a Sysfolder

That said, i'd propose that TV lists the CE Records and provides at least the "Create Reference"
icon. Currently, when you want to reference a record from a Sysfolder you'll have to open the page
properties and add the CE to the "Content" field through the element browser - not very editor friendly.

Kind regards,
Sebastian