[TYPO3-templavoila] 1.3.7 -> 1.4.1: Template Object could not be unserialized successfully.

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Dec 3 14:45:27 CET 2009

Hi,

> I just updated from 1.3.7 to 1.4.1 and all I get at the FE now is:
>
> TemplaVoila ERROR:
>
> Template Object could not be unserialized successfully.
> Are you sure you saved mapping information into Template Object with UID
> "1"?
>

> Since there is no updated documentation on what to consider/update
> during an update, I would appreciate any help here.

I guess this is due to the templatemapping field having been changed
from mediumtext to blob in table tx_templavoila_tmplobj. If you had
accentuated characters in your template and not a UTF8 configured
backend, I guess this is the error you get.

This problem is typically due to a character set transformation problem.

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL Leader

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/extension-dbal