[TYPO3-templavoila] Remove mapped attribute if empty

Rudy Gnodde (WIND Internet) rgn at windinternet.nl
Fri Aug 21 09:09:52 CEST 2009

Hello Dmitry,

Thank you for your answer, even though it's not very useful.

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Why do you need CASE here? This is like trying to fly a Boeing to a nearest shop for ice cream: too heavy and unnecessary.
I know this. I wanted to test it quickly and couldn't remember how to do
it and didn't want to take the time to look it up. I'm not asking for
the most efficient way to get ice cream. I'm asking how I can have the
option of buying ice cream, but if I don't want it I won't have to go to
the store (in whatever vehicle I want to use).

> I think you should do these actions:
> - read the HTML spec about "checked" attribute
I use XHTML. The specs say that if you use the "checked" attribute you
have to give it the value "checked". There is no value for it not to be
checked. So my question stands, how can I remove the mapped attribute if
it's empty?

> - think how you should map this tag in order to get the attribute right
I know I can map the input tag as outer and build up the tag in
TypoScript. This isn't the neatest solution if you ask me, so I wanted
to know if there was another way. I'm guessing by your reply that there
isn't (though you could just have said so).

> - create proper TS
Again, that wasn't the question and doesn't matter for the answer.

> This should help.
Not really :)

Regards,

Rudy