[TYPO3-templavoila] FCE with select option for variable widths according to css grid system

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Mon Apr 6 10:03:55 CEST 2009

Hi again,
what I meant was that the basic layout of the site is controlled via a 12
column grid, based on the css from 960gs framework.
That gives you the possibility to insert boxes, that may contain several
smaller boxes of varoius sizes. These are controlled through simple calls to
the css. Fx.

this would give me an FCE which I would map up as 3 separate Data Elements
(editing type: Content Elements)
What I'd like to control through an option select menu, is how the structure
of the entire FCE is going to be.

Example:
I insert the FCE and in the option select menu I get to choose from my
predefined sizes, say:

Box_3333 (meaning a box with 4 container divs of sizes grid_3)
Box_345  (meaning a box with 3 container divs of sizes grid_3, grid_4 and
grid_5)
Box_66 ( (meaning a box with 2 container divs of sizes grid_6)
etc.

Normally I'd make all the different box-variations as seperate FCE's, but I
was thinkin if it wasn't possible to instead write all the needed box-sizes
into an option select menu and then only have one FCE to choose from, where
you manually decided, which one it should use.

Hope I explained it well enough ;)

/Thomas

news:mailman.1.1238964985.16895.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de...