[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Sep 30 08:42:18 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

> I would like to have:
 >
> 1) an export function that allows to ship a generated FCE with template
> and everything as an extension that is easy to install.

big +1

> 2) Field for defining TS same easy as the Title while mapping.
> 3) htmlentities-funkction optional to switch of

4) Being able to specify width/height of a fixed-sized picture (w/o
having to modify the DS and loosing the change after another change from
GUI), could be merged into 2)

5) Advanced picture options:
    a) max width/height with ratio
    b) click-enlarge option (I find it very difficult to achieve in TS!)
        i) to full-width
       ii) to given max height/width

6) Store the DS XML into a file for easy versioning (SVN, ...) and load
with something like

<datastructure src="FILEADMIN:templates/mysite/typo3/ds.xml" />

7) A button to get a list of TypoScript path we defined associated to
the field name (would be very handy)

8) Is the "set" button in header mapping still needed? If yes, then
could be merged with the save button

9) Checkboxes next to TOs which would allow all templates to be "save
and return"'ed quickly (when the template has been updated in a
nobrainer way). Same for FCE.

10) Quick "add field" with standard definitions such as
    a) breadcrumb ("map this to ...") => lib.menu.breadcrumb
    b) title => lib.page.title
    c) lastUpdate => lib.page.lastUpdate

Best done with an external file definition (e.g., file tv_mapping.xml
when present in root of the template directory) where one could define
his own list of "quick fields". Would be perfect when creating multiple
websites

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html