[TYPO3-templavoila] Multiple FCE (TOs) with same DS, but different TypoScript

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 3 07:15:39 CEST 2008

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> we have now had several situations where we needed:
>
> a) the same DS, because information has the same structure, e.g. "Teaser
> Boxes" with:
>
> - header
> - image
> - teaser
> - link
>
> b) different TO that are able to display that DS-data in different ways.
>
> But now I render the "image" with TypoScript. Each TO has different
> requirements as of the maxW of that images. But since that rendering
> information is stored in the DS (e.g. in <TypoScriptObjPath>), I am not
> able to make a TypoScript which resizes the image differently depending
> on the currently selected TO. I have to end up creating a DS for each TO
> where the file-size is different. Ugly, I think.
>
> Or is this possible somehow? I would only need a way to access the
> "current TO-name" from within the TypoScript in the DS.

Possible using local processing.

> BTW other questions that popped up:
>
> 1) what is "Local Processing (XML)" in a TO? Is it documented somewhere?

You are on the right track :) You need local processing.

Local processing is the overlay to XML DS. Fpr example, imagine this abstract XML:

<a>
	<b>
		bb
	</b>
	<c>
		cc
	</c>
</a>

Now, if you use this in local processing:

<a>
	<c>
		ccMy
	</c>
</a>

than final XML processed by TV is:

<a>
	<b>
		bb
	</b>
	<c>
		ccMy
	</c>
</a>

> 2) What is a "sub-template" of another TO? Is it documented? What are
> the use-cases to make use of such a thing?

This is described in FTB.

TYPO3 Core team
In the blog: http://typo3bloke.net/pages/book-reviews/presentation-zen-by-garr-reynolds/