[TYPO3-templavoila] Multiple FCE (TOs) with same DS, but different TypoScript

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Tue Sep 2 22:01:50 CEST 2008

Hi,

we have now had several situations where we needed:

a) the same DS, because information has the same structure, e.g. "Teaser
Boxes" with:

- header
- image
- teaser
- link

b) different TO that are able to display that DS-data in different ways.

But now I render the "image" with TypoScript. Each TO has different
requirements as of the maxW of that images. But since that rendering
information is stored in the DS (e.g. in <TypoScriptObjPath>), I am not
able to make a TypoScript which resizes the image differently depending
on the currently selected TO. I have to end up creating a DS for each TO
where the file-size is different. Ugly, I think.

Or is this possible somehow? I would only need a way to access the
"current TO-name" from within the TypoScript in the DS.

BTW other questions that popped up:

1) what is "Local Processing (XML)" in a TO? Is it documented somewhere?

2) What is a "sub-template" of another TO? Is it documented? What are
the use-cases to make use of such a thing?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Ernesto