[TYPO3-templavoila] Changing footer with language change and by sections

Tony Lush tlush at advancewm.com
Fri Oct 31 21:30:51 CET 2008

I have a text footer mapped as lib.footer on a three language site. I
want to do two things. One is to switch the text depending upon the
language (English, Spanish and Chinese), and the other is to vary the
footer content in different sections of the site (A total of nine
variations).

Regarding changing the footer for a section, lib.footer is initially
defined in the Setup of a basis template called by the site's main
template. When I tried to replace lib.footer for a subsection by calling
a new basis template with a new definition, I found that the initial
definition prevailed.

Is it possible to combine these two tasks?

Thank you -- Tony Lush