[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Oct 14 17:42:10 CEST 2008

Hi,

> after some discussions i would like to start a wishlist for features in TV.
> This is not meant as a garanty for implementing but more a survey to
> find the most wanted features for GUI and functionality.
> As i'm motivated to help integrating features, and others too, it will
> help on concentrate of the really important ones, so i would glad if you
> take part :-)

This morning I just thought about another stuff that would be great.
Auto-mapping!

I like to store my DS XML in subversion for bigger projects and I
usually write mapping comments such as

Map this element to #tv_content

I do the mapping locally and then do it again on the production system
(I want something "clean" there and not with testing stuff I have
locally, this is why I do not export anything). Now it's quite boring to
do the mapping again and when you have many TO, it just become much more
boring to map them again and again (even locally I must admit) when it
could be mapped automagically according to some ID I would specify in
the definition.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html