[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Chris chris at oblady.com
Mon Oct 6 14:29:10 CEST 2008

Hello Stephen,

here's an example : I recently made a page DS/TO in which editors can
choose a swf file from fileadmin, which is displayed in the page header,
they can also choose an image ; in this DS/TO I use TypoScript to
generate the right html code and give priority to the swf field or the
image field if by error they choose both.

My answer is : it's a little confusing for editors to know they have to
select a file when the link wizard shows Pages as first choice.

I tried the same with pdf files, because I wrote a quite long TypoScript
code to display an accessible link for these file, like this :
just by using the filelink properties.

Anyway, I just had to give write a quite long documentation to avoid
errors, and I think that could have been solved by using the "mode"
parameter, as described in the TCE Form documentation.

thanx,

Chris