[TYPO3-templavoila] Inserting text with images descritpion text confuses editors

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Wed Oct 1 21:35:31 CEST 2008

Hi Dimitry and other TV developers.
First off - thanks a lot for this great extension. I'm not sure whether this
request truly belongs here, but since it's available with the standard page
module, I hope I'm right.

I teach TYPO3 and have a lot feedback from editors in regards to usability
etc. One of the things that truly confuses editors, is the list of CE you
get to chose from, when you want to insert a new "text w/image" element.

The scenario is as follows:

User clicks the page module, then clicks the "insert new content element" on
a specific page and is then presented with the list of CE, the user has the
right to insert. Now, if the user want to insert text with images, there is
strangely enough to icons, one with the description "Text with image below"
and one with "Text with image to the right".

Now, every single editor I've had on a course asks me - What if I want to
insert text with an image in any other position? Can I insert one with the
image to the right? It confuses the hell out of them and isn't intuitive.

In the regular page module, there's only on "image with text element"-icon
with a more general description. I think it would really help, if you'd make
this simple usability enhancement to TV and only offer on text/w image and a
more general description of what it does.

All the best

----

Thomas Rehhoff
LinkFactory | + 45 70 22 23 22 |  thomasr at linkfactory.dk
Sankt Peders Stræde 45
1453 København K

TYPO3 Open Source CMS - Enterprise CMS uden licensomkostninger, læs mere på
www.linkfactory.dk
TYPO3 kurser: www.linkfactory.dk/kurser