[TYPO3-templavoila] Creating a date input field in a FCE and selector boxes for page-links

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Wed Nov 19 16:37:46 CET 2008

Christophe Stadler wrote:
> What i would like for the date input field is one that uses a calendar for
> input (i have date2cal installed which works well) so that the dates are
> formated correctly and prevents that BE users input something random.

 Steffen gave you the hint of the date-field.
> For the Artist field i would like to have a selector box (either drop down
> or list) where the BE user can choose from Artists already created elsewhere
> in the site. Each artist has his/her own page so the only way to get this
> list is to use the page ID or the list of page id's of subpages of the
> 'Artists' branch.

It depends on how your artists are defined. You can define custom
fill-functions which fill selects and if you may fetch the artists
generically out of the database you may use the foreign_table queries to
fill the select.

But this is no easy topic, you may read the TCE-form doc to get an idea
about it. I don't know how well the kickstarter maps existing TCE-form
options.

But don't give up, both of your field can be realized as you imagine them.

 Ciao
    Niels