[TYPO3-templavoila] Future work on TemplaVoila

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Nov 12 17:27:56 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi guys!
>
> I thought I should clarify how future work on TemplaVoila will happen.
>
> Firsts, I will not be able to do anything till December 1st.
> Starting from December 1st I will have one full day a week for my
> own tasks (currently I work all 5 days a week for a customer). In
> December I will start from doing TemplaVoila updates.
>
> Secondly, I promise to review patches in the bug tracker, especially
> patches from Niels and Steffen. If I am satisfied with quality of
> coding (I am sure I will), these two guys will get access to
> TemplaVoila SVN to do changes faster.
>
> Thirdly, I am going to create a map of all requested features and
> discuss who, how and when is going to make these features into
> TemplaVoila.
>
> Do you have any other ideas how to make TemplaVoila development more
> effective?

Hey Dmitry,
Glad to hear those plans for future development. Just as a heads up,
we'll need to do a little bit of TV integration work for the new
frontend editing functionality in 4.3 also.

Most of it should just be dropping in a frontend editing controller that
we've already created (which could also live in its own extension if you
prefer), but there are a couple points where we'll need your expertise
if you're available.  I'll run these by Steffen as well, since he's
interested in both projects.

Thanks,
Jeff