[TYPO3-templavoila] Wahoo for the AOE Media extension to TV

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Nov 5 14:45:30 CET 2008

Hi!

>> I'm sure you watched the latest Kasper's Podcast. It seems we will be
>> able to benefit of a big improvement in TV usability in a (near?)
>> future. With the other improvement in the mapping wizard that was
>> announced a few weeks ago, I'm confident that TV will make a huge step
>> forward ;-)
>
> I did not see a podcast and I am unaware about the AOE extension.

They say in the podcast that they will contact the TV team once it's "OK".

http://typo3.org/podcasts/kasper, Casestory of improved TemplaVoila
(podcast from yesterday).

> Changes to TV can come only if the are submitted as patches to the
> bug tracker. Patches must have high coding quality (core–like
> quality), good comments and follow TYPO3 CGL. This is a strong rule,
> which will be observed while I am in charge of TV. So if AOE wants
> to integrate this extension to TV, they know what they should do ;)
> I am only glad to have new features in TV but they must be properly
> proposed.

They certainly will do it the proper way and from what they achieved,
I'm really confident that it is coded the proper way. But, again, I'm in
no way making here an official ask to include anything.

> I plan to have a TV round soon. This round will last for two weeks.
> I will look only TV in my available time and not to any other
> extension. Time for TV is coming.

Great!

> During this round I will review patches submitted so far. I will see
> changes from Niels and Steffen and decided what to do. I am pretty
> sure we will have these changes in TV and these two guys will become
> a part of TV team.
>
> This is what I can tell for now.

I'm looking forward for this changes. Thanks for the feedback.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html