[TYPO3-templavoila] Limiting the available FCE's in the frontend

Bart Veldhuizen bart at v-int.nl
Tue May 13 14:58:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been puzzling over the following question: I have prepared a
newsletter design that comes in two different versions (or layouts). For
each version I have created a corresponding FCE to place content
elements on the page. So far, so good - everything works as intended.

To make things easier for the content managers though, I would like to
make sure that they can only select the FCE that is designed for the TO
that they currently use, and nowhere else. Maybe it's easier to
understand if you look at the following illustration:

http://www.v-int.nl/projecten/fce-selection.png

I've done some experimenting with subtemplates, but I don't think
they're intended for that. Can this be done in TemplaVoila?

Cheers,

Bart