[TYPO3-templavoila] Localization of a FCE

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon Jul 21 17:54:50 CEST 2008

Hi guys,
>> lee perry wrote:
>>> I know they are special and I know to add the meta-tags:

>>>     <langChildren type="integer">1</langChildren>
>>>     <langDisable type="integer">1</langDisable>
>>>

>>> but I don't understand, why the localization button is shown in the
>>> list view but not in the page-view. so the localization would work
>>> fine, but I cannot expect from the editor to change to listview for
>>> localization a FCE.
>>
>> You set langDisable to 1 ;) So you disabled translations for this FCE.
>> It should be set to 0.
>
> I've set langDisable allways to 1 in my further projects - together with
>  "mod.web_txtemplavoilaM1.translationParadigm = bound" I've got a
> clearly arranged localization view of the page.
>
> With these settings I've got all my FCEs with the possibilty to
> translate (the missing localization link - the flag and "Create a copy
> for translation") and all in separate flexforms but default filled with
> the content of the default language.
>
> It was better for the editor than all languages in one flexform -
> imagine the loading time of such a flexforms with a RTE in three or more
> languages.
>
> Maybe this way doesn't work anymore in TYPO3 4.2 - but this bring me
> back to my question: Why can I localize it than in the list view?

I've got the same problem and no solution. I don't wan't to use any
inline-translation features of FCEs - so 'langDisable' and
'langChildren' are both set to 1 in my FCEs. When this is done, the
'localization guide/manual' tells me, that I should be able to translate
the content element itself with the localization buttons/flags. I can do
this in listView and default page module - but those don't show up for
FCEs in the TV page module. So is this a bug in TV? I think so.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch