[TYPO3-templavoila] All CEs unreferenced after DS/TO update :-(

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Jul 15 14:44:00 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for your quick answer.

> Unreferenced - you mean lost in Page module right? This is a separate
> thing. Most likely you canhed the field name for the content field (for
> example, from field_content to field_maincontent). Content elements are
> bound to their content field. If you rename that field, you loose
> references.

Right, Dmitry. All the pages were just empty and when I then looked at
unused elements, all elements (normal CEs as well as FCEs) there. I did
not change any fieldname in any DS, so I still do not know what went wrong.

>> Why is it that all those references were lost? Where are those
>> references stored? I need an easy way to keep the DS/TO tables on the
>> same state in a couple of installations.
>
> References are independent of DS/TO of FCE. You can remove DS/TO for FCE
> and it will not affect references in any way.

> They are stores in "pages" table, in the XML field named
> "tx_templavoila_flex".

I know, and as far as I understand it, a ce is removed from the xml when
I 'delete' it. But as I did neither change the fieldnames nor 'deleted'
any CEs what can be the reason that all pages became blank?

Kind regards, Uschi