[TYPO3-templavoila] All CEs unreferenced after DS/TO update :-(

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Tue Jul 15 07:13:14 CEST 2008

Dear folks,

yesterday I did the following. After having created a new FCE and some
minor changes in existing templates (no renaming or adding of fields)
everything was ok in my local installation.

To bring the real thing up to date I then truncated the two tv tables
and and inserted the new data (uid still being the same). Nevertheless
the effect was that all CEs were unreferenced. As the site is quite
large, rereferencing all elements manually is a no go in my situation. I
had no other chance but rewinding the whole process by reinserting the
database dump of the whole site.

So here my question:
Why is it that all those references were lost? Where are those
references stored? I need an easy way to keep the DS/TO tables on the
same state in a couple of installations.

Do you have a solution for me?

Uschi