[TYPO3-templavoila] TV question about shared content

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Jan 30 09:48:26 CET 2008

Hi!

Vahan Amirbekyan wrote:
> I have a one TO/DS for a home page and another TO?DS for all other pages.
> On the home page I have EL of Content Element type. I add some HTML
> content to that element and it is being displayed on the home page.
> I need content of that Content Element to be also rendered on all my
> other pages.

Here is the idea and code is at the bottom of this message.

In "another" DS/TO you make a new field of type "TS object path". In TS setup (Web>Template) you select your "EL" using CONTENT object. Rendering object will be TemplaVoila. Assuming your TS object path is "lib.myEL", the following TS will go to main TS setup:

lib.myEL = CONTENT
lib.myEL {
	select.uidInList = here_goes_id_of_EL
	renderObj = USER
	renderObj.userFunc = tx_templavoila->main
}

You will need to clear page cache every time when you update home page. Or you may look to  TSConfig to see how to clear cache automatically (under TCEMAIN section).

TYPO3 core team
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs