[TYPO3-templavoila] missing feature - assing mapped content string value to TS object

Vladimir Podkovanov podkovanov at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 02:27:42 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've found that when using editing type "TypoScript Object Path" will
be nice to have option to assign mapped content from template to
linked object. So the content of the object would get string value of
mapped template part.

It is useful for example when title logo should be linked to first
page of site and on first page the link should be absent. So now in
such case we map the logo to typoscript object path and have to insert
link AND re-insert logo image that is wrapped with link. It reduces
usability as we should handle wrapped content via typoscript and care
about right path to image and so on.

IF the content of logo image from this example would be assinged as
content value to linked object then we can wrap it with typolink and
return ready stuff and we don't have to bother to insert image via
typoscript with proper path and so and Templa Voila concept works as
should – separate design and data handling.

-rgds-
Vladimir