[TYPO3-templavoila] html comments and TV

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed Jan 23 21:33:57 CET 2008

Hi,

> Assigning via script is just universal solution, in such case its
> applied automatically to every png image on a page, also script does
> browser check as applying filter property that is not CSS complied to
> every browser is not good solution.
>
>> You can, use TypoScript. TV cannot do it due to TYPO3 html parser limitation.
>>

> Yep, I got it, will look later inside the parser.

there is absolutely no need for that. I f.e. never map any header data
with TV - I always add it with TypoScript and in 90% of all sites I have
a conditional comment for IE.

So just go to your TStemplate of your site and do the following:
-------
page.headerData.500 = TEXT
page.headerData.500.value (
<!--[if IE]>
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" rev="stylesheet"
href="yourCssFile.css" />
<![endif]-->
)
-------