[TYPO3-templavoila] use latin templates, not utf8!

stefano cecere scecere at krur.com
Tue Dec 2 14:28:17 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
> stefano cecere wrote:
>> now that i am using a Gentoo server i started having problems with
>> serialize/utf8 stuff with imported / exported UTF8 data.
> Well, you should started with this ;) It means you have different
> mysql character set settings on both systems, that's all.
>> i am still evaluating what could be the configuration difference...
>> meanwhile i keep all html in pure ascii code :)
> Use mysql command line utility or phpMyAdmin and execute "show
> variables like 'character_set%'" and compare them.

obviously the the mysql and PHP are the same (both versions and configuration)..
this was our first thing to check and set, before any import/export.

on Gentoo we discovered that it had a libxml at version 2.7 which was giving problems converting entities -> utf8,
so we downgraded it to 2.6 and it solved some xml related utf8 issues.

i guess we have to find some other core component that behaves different on the two systems.

we also tried the 5.3alpha PHP, hoping that it fixed some of the problems, but nothing...

so, to end this thread: if you are starting to get crazy about some utf8 import/export problems, a fast workaround is to convert templates to latin!
that's all, for now :)

if i'll get time, or we found the bug, i'll post in the linux istallation group!


More information about the TYPO3-project-templavoila mailing list