[TYPO3-templavoila] how to use "One huge redundant DS - Many different TOs"?

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Fri Aug 22 16:26:39 CEST 2008

Oh, I see. Here then is another suggestion. You could just implement
the second part of my previous suggestion which is adding an "unmap"
choice to the action selector box in addition to the current choices
of "inner, outer, etc." Clicking on it would be be equivalent of
selecting the empty choice. It might even be as simple as changing the
label (but not value) of the current empty choice to "unmap."

In this way everytime someone selected their mapping type they would
be reminded that they can use the same selector box to unmap elements.
My guess is that this would be sufficient since anyone using TV has to
use that selector box often. Of course, this does not help the person
who deletes the HTML element before unmapping it as they will not see
the Ch.Mode button, but they are no worse off than they are now.

A second suggestion is to shorten the "description" column in order to
gain the space needed to lengthen the Ch.Mode button or add a button.
Of course, i am sure you have already considered this and and have
reasons for not doing it. But I just wanted to say that for me
sacrificing some of the description field width would not be a
problem. My descriptions are generally short and the longer ones will
wrap within the column anyway.

Thanks for all you do on TV and so many other things. I am looking
forward to your book coming out.

Thanks,
Ron Hall