[TYPO3-templavoila] how to use "One huge redundant DS - Many different TOs"?

maaboo maaboo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 16:53:46 CEST 2008

Hi!

I'm new to TYPO3 and just creating my first site. I learned Futuristic
Template Building about DS/TO creation, but i don't understand how i can
apply one huge html template with huge number of fields to many TO with
different mapped fields. For ex.:

    <ul class="mnu">
        <li class="tmnu"><a href="#">Menu L1
        </a>
                            <ul>
                            </ul>
            </a>
            </li>
        </ul>

And what if i modify this template adding to it next 2 divs?:

If i add them to main template, but don't map - they show their content
"Breadcrumb" and "To top". But i want to add them to main DS and make two TO
- as shown first above and other - with new added fields mapped to divs. How
i can hide these divs from first TO and show them only in second (third etc)
TOs? Or... How i can manage my templates/DS/TO to minimize number of
files/operations/etc?
--
with respect, MaaBoo