[TYPO3-templavoila] Creating FCE manually

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Tue Aug 5 12:28:51 CEST 2008

>> [creating manually]
 >>
> Yes that is how i do it atm but i thought there would be a more "elegant"
> way.
> Writing an empty record just to receive the datastructure seems a little odd
> to me ;).
> But thank you for sharing your approach :)

Yes, in my case I think I'll parse the flexform.xml file and generate
the empty XML structure with %s placeholders for sprintf. This way, I'll
be able to configure it within my extension.

My investigations led me to being able to retrieve the XML that is sent
to the tt_content editor, that is with field definition and comments and
labels. I would nead to reverse-engineer the code used to save a
user-filled-in flexform to the DB to be able to remove "in a clean way"
the DS/TO but I think it's not worth my needs.

I saw that Dmitry is there today, perhaps he'll give us a hint, if it's
"easy" at all...

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html