[TYPO3-templavoila] Make FCE field compulsory - possible?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Apr 5 20:13:33 CEST 2008

Hi!

Paul Vetch wrote:
> I have an FCE which contains two fields I'd like to make obligatory
> (i.e. can't be empty).  Is there something I can do in the DS to get
> Typo3 to use its flexform empty field validation on FCE fields?

Yes, for most types. But you will need a knowledge of TCEforms from TYPO3 core API document.

FCE DS contains section named <TCEforms>, it defines how field is rendered. There you can specify various properties. For example, for input field you should add <eval>required</eval>.

TYPO3 core team
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs